Whole Blood Samples
Blood sample collection
1. Collect blood into tubes containing EDTA (BD Vacutainer Plus 4mL lavender/EDTA with Hemogard – part number 368861 (Europe) or 367844 (US,other countries)).
2. Label tubes with a code/name of the study and a sample ID number only.
3. Gently invert the tube a few times to mix the blood with the anticoagulant.
4. Optional: divide the anti-coagulated whole blood evenly into two cryovials and label the cryovials.
5. After collection, blood samples can be kept at 4°C for up to 24 hours before freezing.
6. Freeze the samples at or below -20°C. Avoid thaw/freeze cycles.
Shipping to Epiontis (Germany)
Ship samples (that are assembled in a rack/box) on dry ice and make sure that dry ice load will be sufficient to keep samples frozen during the entire shipment.